C'est si bon!

Bonjour à tous! Je suis Vanessa, étudiante de 20 ans en France pour le moment. Je viens de Pékin, mais j'étudie à la fac à Chicago.

Hello! My name is Vanessa, a 20-year-old student in France for the moment. I come from Beijing, but I go to college in Chicago.

Thursday, October 2, 2014

100 liters of champagne in my office? That intern life

check it out - 100 liters of champagne that's right
Bonjour à tous!

I know when you saw the title, you're probably like, what? What kind of internship is that? But you didn't read wrong - indeed, I was quite stunned myself when I opened the office door and saw all these boxes of champagne in my office. And that was only day two.

Bizarre things aside, I am glad to announce that I have started my internship at Musée Guimet in Paris! Musée Guimet is a French national museum dedicated to asian arts, and it has Europe's largest collection of asian artworks! 

I intern in the Marketing department of the museum (yes, there is such a thing in a museum, unexpected, right?). With my two awesome bosses, I mainly work on the upcoming exhibition on the Han arts, an exhibition in the context of China and France's 50th year anniversary of diplomacy. So far I've mostly been doing a lot of translations of texts for the exhibition, French to English, English to Chinese, so on and so forth. It's quite exciting! 

To be honest, I never knew working full time is this tiring! Every day on the metro back, all I want is a long nap. Compared to this, schoolwork and classes is a skip in the park... The main reason might be because at school, I usually switch between subjects and activities, so my brain is never too "tired" or "bored" of one thing. At work, sometimes a task requires a long time of concentration, which is very different from classes.

However, if you asked me, I would still say I prefer working. Even though it's not even been a week yet, I already love my job. Different from studying, which is more like brain exercises, working makes me feel like I'm creating value, that I'm in some way contributing to the good of the society. And that is a very empowering feeling. 

Anyways, stay tuned for more rants from this excited intern!

xx
Vanessa :]

No comments:

Post a Comment